The Queensland Bus Industry Council (QBIC) recently held their annual conference and AGM at the Ville Resort in Townsville on Saturday 13th April. The conference and AGM were following by a formal dinner and awards presentation whereby individuals or organisations received recognition for outstanding contributions to the bus industry.
Buslink is very pleased to announce we received a number of awards, including:
The Manmeet Sharma Perpetual Professional Driver Award- which was awarded to our Brian Tisdall.
To be considered for this award nominees must have:
- A minimum of 7 years continuous experience as a professional bus driver,
- A good driving record with a demonstrated focus on safety (all speeding notices, traffic infringements and previous accidents must be declared). Nominees driving history to be submitted with the nomination,
- A high degree of pride in their personal and vehicle presentation,
- A high degree of skill in customer service relevant to their role,
- A professional attitude towards their job, their customers and the industry as a whole,
- A strong interest in furthering the professional image of the industry, as demonstrated by their actions.
Apprentice of the Year Award – awarded jointly to our Bronson Farrugia and Stephanie Mavrick from Transdev.
To be considered for this award nominees must:
- be undertaking a trade apprenticeship (second year or greater),
- have worked for a minimum 1 year with the Company,
- have demonstrated an ability to follow written and verbal instructions,
- exhibit a positive and cooperative attitude towards their job,
- make a significant contribution to the efficient operation of the workshop,
- undertake duties ensuring safe working procedures in accordance with Work Health and Safety requirements.
This is the first time that Buslink and our employees have been the honoured in this manner and we congratulate all involved.